30-day money-back guarantee | Free US Shipping
August Smart Lock works with Alexa, Siri & the Google Assistant
Just say the word. Did you know that the August Smart Lock is the first and only smart lock that works with all three major voice assistants?
According to research, around 2.5 billion voice assistants were in use at the end of 2018 and that number is expected to rise to 8 billion by 2023. That is a lot of voice assistants. But the great news is that with the August Smart Lock, your smart home door lock works with Alexa, Siri, and the Google Assistant, allowing you to secure your home with just the sound of your voice!
By connecting your August Smart Lock with Alexa, Siri, or the Google Assistant, you get a host of amazing new features, including turning your lock into a voice activated door lock. To get access to these features, first learn how to set up and connect your smart home door lock to your chosen voice assistant device.
How to Set Up Your Voice Activated Door Lock
First things first, to connect your August Smart Lock to your favorite voice assistant, you will need an August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge to connect your lock to Wi-Fi and start talking to your favorite voice assistant. Once you have your Connect Wi-Fi Bridge set up, the fun really begins!
August Smart Lock With AlexaWhether you’re using an Echo or one of the many other new devices coming with Alexa built-in, it’s easy to get up and running with the August skill.
- Follow this link to the August Home Skill for Alexa and click the “Enable Skill” button.
- Log in to your August account.
- Unlocking with your voice requires a PIN for security. If you’d like to use Alexa to unlock your lock select yes when prompted and create a PIN.
- Alexa, ask August to lock/unlock the door
- Alexa, ask August if my door is locked
Want to use your voice to control your August Doorbell Cam. Install the August Smart Home Skill and view your camera feed on an Alexa Show by saying, “Alexa, show me the front door camera.”
August Smart Lock With HomeKit
If you’re all in on Apple products, setting up your August Smart Lock with HomeKit and Siri is a breeze. You can even control your lock by talking to Siri on your Apple Watch or through the Home app on your iOS device.
- Make sure you’re near your lock. Open the August app on your iPhone and click the gear icon at the bottom right.
- Tap on your lock and select “Home Settings” then tap “Enable Siri.”
- When prompted, add a new HomeKit house or choose an existing one to add your August Smart Lock and then select which room to associate it with.
- Remove the battery cover from your Smart Lock and scan the HomeKit code on the inside of the cover when prompted.
Once you’ve done that, your August Smart Lock with HomeKit and Siri is ready to go. Hold down the home button on your iPhone or the crown button on your Apple Watch to say…
- Siri, Lock/unlock my door
- Siri, is my door locked?
August Smart Lock with GoogleIf you’re on Android or if you have a Google Home you’re more than familiar with the Google Assistant already. On most modern Android phones the Assistant is just a long press of the home button or an “Ok Google” away. Getting started on your phone is easy.
- Open the Google Assistant on your phone and ask it to “talk to August.”
- Click through on the prompt to sign in and link your August account.
- Click agree to allow the Google Assistant to access your lock.
- Ok Google, ask August to lock my door
- Ok Google, ask August to check if my door is locked
Your Smart Home Door Lock is Ready To Go!
Now that you have set up your August Smart Lock with your preferred voice assistant, the possibilities are endless! You can ask your voice assistant to lock or unlock your door, turning your August lock into a voice activated door lock. You can also check the status of your front door and even watch a live stream video of your front door with the August View Doorbell Camera. Check out more of the unmatched capabilities of the August Smart Lock and see how you can totally transform your front door!