Effective Date: April 1, 2019
What are cookies
What are pixel tags (a.k.a. clear gifs or Web Beacons)
Pixel tags help us better manage content on our website by informing us what content is effective. These pixel tags (or other tracking technology) may also be included in or associated with e-mails or other communications that you receive from us in order to help us track your response and interests, and to deliver you relevant content and services. We may tie information gathered by pixel tags, cookies, or other tracking technology to personal data that you have provided us.
Types of cookies used
We use both session and persistent cookies, as well as the following different types of cookies:
- Essential cookies that maintain the operation of the website, including cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Functional cookies that are used to measure the website performance, including analytics service providers and user experience testing services.
Advertising cookies to help us serve relevant ads on this website, or through service providers who help us serve relevant ads on third party websites based on your interactions with this website.
What are your choices regarding cookies
You may choose to block or delete cookies on this website through the controls or enhancements to your web browser, or through instructions provided by the browser developer. However, please note that if you do not accept our cookies, you may not be able to use all of the website features, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You may choose to control or opt-out of these August.com website service provider cookies:
- Google: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217?helpref=related
- Yahoo!: https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/lite
- Quantcast: https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out/
- The Trade Desk: https://www.adsrvr.org/
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/do-not-track/
Finally, August endeavors to work exclusively with service providers aligned with the principles adopted by the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you wish to object to this information being used for the purpose of serving you relevant ads on other websites, you may opt-out through these industry-hosted services:
- U.S.: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
- EU: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/opt-out-help
- Canada: https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools
To find out more information about cookies, refer to: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Do Not Track
At the current time, August.com does not support browser-directed Do Not Track settings.