August Expands Support for the Google Assistant
Support for August DoorSense and Broader Device Support
The newest August Smart Lock and August Smart Lock Pro are the only locks that can tell you if your door is open or closed. We’re able to do this with DoorSense™, our intelligent, integrated sensor. DoorSense has also been added to the Google Assistant. Now if you have DoorSense installed on your door, you can say “Hey Google, is my door closed?” to confirm if the door is open or closed for safe, secure control of the front door.
Now you can also interact with your August Smart Lock and August Smart Lock Pro using your voice via the Google Assistant on eligible Android smartphones, the Google Assistant app on iOS, speakers like Google Home, wearables, TVs and other devices supporting the Google Assistant*.
Setting up the Google AssistantWith the Google Assistant, users can lock their door or check if their door is locked and now you don’t need to include “Ask August” in your requests. Simply say, “Hey Google, lock my front door” or “Ok Google, is my front door locked?” To setup the Google Assistant, follow these instructions:
- Launch and log into the Google Assistant app
- Tap the blue drawer icon in the upper right corner
- Select Settings > Home Control
- Tap the plus sign icon in the bottom right corner to Add devices
- Select August Home
- Sign in with your August account information to see your August lock(s) listed in Google Assistant’s Devices section