Add to cart
pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends
7 Unique Father’s Day Gifts For The Home
This Father’s Day, your friends here at August know you can do better than another pair of socks, or a tie he’ll never wear. Instead of gifting something that’ll end up gathering dust in a drawer, we’ve assembled a list of home improvement picks that every dad will love...and their family, too. There are options for handy dads to flex their skills, as well as for DIY beginners. Easy to install and simple to use, you can give dad the gift of a smarter home, and a smile that’ll last long after Father’s Day.
For the dad who loves his voice assistants
- August Smart Lock Pro + Connect ($279) Secure, remote control and access to your front door, right from your smartphone. For busy dads with their hands full, auto unlock opens the door automatically as you approach, or just say, “Hey Google, open the front door”.
For the dad who wants to keep the family safe
- Simplisafe Essential Security System ($260) Sleek, motion-sensor home security and safety measures you can depend on.
For the dad who can’t keep track of his keys
- Yale Assure Lever Lock - Connected by August ($267) Basement door, side entries, garage door… if he’s always losing his keys, he needs one of these sleek keypad locks designed for single hole doors. No keys needed - just punch a code or unlock via the August app.
For the dad who’s always in his gardening clothes
- Cahartt Chambray Work Shirt ($35) No more hanging around in old t-shirts - this practical yet on-trend work shirt will smarten up his wardrobe in no time.
For the dad who once had a clapper light but is finally joining the digital age
- Philips Hue Starter Kit ($50) Dad can sync the lights to his Phillips app to control them remotely (finally saving on that electrical bill) and never come home to a dark house!
For the dad who wants to garden all year round
- AeroGarden Harvest ($79 - $130) An herb garden that finally won’t have to worry about changing seasons, right on your kitchen counter! Bring on the basil.
For the dad who’s proud of his lawn (and wants to tell you about it)
- Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller ($128) For lawn-care and remote sprinkler control, all in an app. No more poorly-timed splashes!
How are you going to celebrate the dads in your life this Father’s Day? Let us know in the comments!